NEW: REGARD is launching a new parallel competition dedicated exclusively to first and second shorts. The competition is open only to filmmakers from Canada, the United States and Latin America. This program is a great opportunity for emerging talents to be noticed by the many programmers, buyers and other distributors, mainly European, who gravitate each year around the Festival and its Short Film Market.
First independent short, film school final project, small or big budget productions, whatever the production context, we are looking for America’s next generation of creators.
All selected films will be eligible for a $ 1 000 CAN GRANT.
You have until December 1st 11:59 PM 2019 to submit your short.
Selection criterias :
- Only first and second shorts are considered for thls competition.
- Shorts made as part of graduation projects are accepted.
- Shorts must have been produced after January 1st 2019.
- All genres are eligible (fiction, documentary, animation, experimental)
- The competition ls only open to fllmmakers residing ln English Canada,the USA or Latin America.
- All languages are considered. If not in French or English, the short must come with subtitles in either of those languages.
- All shorts wlll be considered, whether they have premiered or not.
- Priority will be given to shorts that have not been broadcasted online yet.
- Selected shorts must provide official copies.