Caravane Films Productions, producer of REGARD - Saguenay International Short Film Festival takes the health and safety of its festival-goers, partners, volunteers and employees seriously. Although the spread of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) has a low impact on the Festival and the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as being low for the general population of Canada, the organization of the Festival prefers to reassure all the festival-goers by informing them of the measures taken so that the Festival takes place in the best conditions:
1. Recommendations to travelers traveling to the Saguenay for the Festival, were made before and reminders will be available during the event.
2. We recommend that people with symptoms compatible with COVID-19 refrain from participating in the event, even if they are mild to moderate symptoms.
3. We recommend, if applicable, those at higher risk of complications from COVID-19 to consider canceling their participation.
4. Anyone who develops symptoms have to quickly contact Info-Santé by calling 811.
5. To reduce risks during the event, certain procedures should be implicated, for example:
-Strengthen hand and respiratory hygiene practices during events and increase the availability of means to do so (soap, water, antiseptic handwash).
-Avoid sharing food and beverages, or disperse and increase points of service to reduce the possibilities of congregation. The use of meals served in individual packages should be favored rather than buffets.
-Provide a place where people who develop fever or cough during the event can isolate themselves quickly.
-Encourage the use of alternative practices to direct contact (eg kissing, shaking hands) for greetings during the event.
-Modify the activity programs to avoid those requiring physical contact between participants.
-Change the meeting place to avoid crowding;
-Staggering arrivals and departures.
-Ensure cleaning with regular products (at least once a day overall, and twice a day for surfaces frequently touched by many people such as doorknobs, handrails, etc.).