REGARD - Saguenay International Short Film Festival is the host of an official competition and of a parallel competition including also a thematic selection. Scholarships and services worth over $89 000 CAD will be presented to laureate filmmakers. Grand Prizes at the official competition will be eligible to Oscars. REGARD’s jury consists of six (6) different juries that will award the competition prizes.
CALL FOR ENTRIES #REGARD23
The 23nd edition of the Festival will take place from 13 to 17 March 2019. The call beging june 1st.
The official competition
Canadian Grand Prize
Best animation short film
Best documentary short film
Quebec Critics Award AQCC
International FIPRESCI critic’s award
The parallel competition
Shoot no matter what! award
Unis tv public choice award (web)
Best regional creation's award
Youth short film competition
Best youth short film
The thematic selection
Carte blanche, retrospective, panorama, focus, genre short films, experimental, documentary films, etc. The main goal behind those thematic programmes is to build bridges with other festivals and foreign countries and create a profitable collaboration. The selection committee draws inspiration from recurring films and themes during the year in order to collect short films under various themes.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO THE OFFICIAL COMPETITION
- Priority will be given to world, North-American and Canadian premieres.
- Films nominated for the Canadian Grand Prize can also be eligible for the Grand Prize.
- Films submitted to REGARD in previous years will not be considered.
- Films eligible to the Canadian Grand Prize must have been produced by a Canadian filmmaker or by a filmmaker residing in Canada.
- Priority will be given to films that have not been available online on the Canadian territory.
- Priority will be given to films produced after March 1st 2018.
- Documentary and animation films in the official competition are eligible to all prizes.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO THE PARALLEL COMPETITION
SHOOT NO MATTER WHAT! AWARD
- Only films produced independently without financial assistance from local community and institutions are eligible.
- Only films produced by a Canadian filmmaker or by a filmmaker residing in Canada are eligible.
- Priority will be given to first time films.
REGIONAL CREATION AWARD
- Only films produced by filmmakers resident in Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean are eligible.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO THE YOUTH COMPETITION
- Only films selected for the youth section are eligible (targeted programmes for age 2 to 17).